Instruction Technology Librarian May 2017-Present
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) New York, NY.
- Teach user how to use new technologies
- Provide Instruction and literacy information classes
- Collection development
- Liaison for the center of teaching and learning
Library Assistant 2/2014-April, 2017
Thomas J. Watson Business and Economics Library
Columbia University. New York, NY
- Provide customer service to library patrons, answering questions about library policy, catalog search, and basic research questions.
- Provide technical assistance with Bloomberg, Capital IQ, and other on-site databases.
- Process campus mail, recap, Inter-library, and scan&deliver loans.
- Process reserve list using Ex Libris: Voyager in accordance with Institution copyright laws.
- Process weeding materials from the reserve collection.
- File capital changes reports for federal income tax purposes.
- Perform administrative work, such as answering phones, file documents, and send emails to students, faculty, and staff.
- Train and Supervise student workers.
- Open/Close Watson Library.
- Use Word, Excel, and Adobe 9 on regular basis to complete assigned tasks.
Research Project 05/2016-10/2016
48 W. 11St, New York, NY, 10020
Appraisal of the Martha Carroll architecture collection
- Find the value of books based on current market price.
- Organize and catalog the collection using Readerware sofware
- Evaluate the condition of the collection
Research Assistant Project 03/2015- 12/2015
Dr. Francoise L. Simon
Professor of Business and Public Health
Columbia University. New York, NY
- Find relevant literature to aid in ongoing medical research.
- Use Worldcat and other OPACS to locate journals, books, and reports.
- Create and edit Powerpoint presentations for book tour
- Perform various clerical duties including finding contact information from journal editors, preparing and maintaining bibliographies, and completing Inter-library Loan applications and forms.
Library Assistant 09/2012- 09/2014
Baruch College. City University of New York. New York, NY
- Assist in research projects assigned by supervisor using databases to search articles for assigned classes, correct additions, and ensure copyrights laws are being observed.
- Perform administrative library work, such as answering phones, file documents, send emails to students, faculty and staff and reserve books for faculty.
- Maintain departmental records, agreement forms and perform extensive data entry.
- Use Word, Excel and Outlook on a daily basis to complete the tasks assigned
Master’s of Library and Information Science February 2017
Pratt Institute. New York, NY.
Bachelor’s in Art January 2014
Mayor: Political Science
Concentration: Latin American and Caribbean Politics
Minor: French Language and Culture
Hunter College, City University of New York. New York, NY.
- “What you can do in your community: Civic engagement in academic libraries.” Poster presentation. LaCuny conference, May 2017.
- American Aviatrixes: Women with Wings, Exhibit explore the lives of women aviators in the early twentieth century. Created for LIS_652: Information Services and Resources in collaboration with Digital Public Library of America Curation Program.
- Federico Garcia Lorca: A poet in NY, Exhibit explores the life of the Spaniard poet in NY. Created as a final project for LIS_680: Rare Book and Special Collections.
- Community Space Proposal for ESL Students, Created as a final project for LIS_654: Information Technologies.
- University of Virginia-Rare book School October 16 – October 21, 2016
History of the book in the west since 1800
Conference and Symposiums attended:
- LaCuny conference: The future of academic librarianship. May 2017.
- Association of College and Research Libraries, ACRL/NY Symposium: Social Responsibility, Democracy, Education, and Professionalism: Supporting Core Values in Academic and Research Librarianship, Dec 4,2015
- Seminar for acquisition of Latin American Materials,SALALM conference: Brazil in the World,the world in Brazil: Research trends and Library Resources,Summer 2015
- American Library Association(ALA)
- Fluent: English, Spanish
- Proficient: French
Software Skills: Access, Omeka, Readerware
Programing languages: HTML, CSS
Integrated Library Systems: Ex Libris:Voyager, Aleph.